Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Om nom nom. Recipe inspired from this recipe. Serves 2, or you can use half the pasta and then keep the portions for everything else if you need extra protein for the day.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into tender-size pieces
- 4 oz. fettuccine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette dressing, divided (I used Kraft Greek Vinaigarette made with Olive Oil, but pretty much any vinaigrette would work well)
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and marinate in 1 tbsp. dressing for at least 10 minutes.
- Start boiling water for pasta and cook the pasta until it is almost done.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, cheese, and remaining dressing in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up grill pan. When it’s nice and hot, start grilling the chicken. Don’t add any oil to the pan - the oil from the dressing will be enough to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- When the chicken is nice and toasty on one side, flip the chicken and dump the tomato mixture on top. Cover with a lid and turn down heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain pasta and toss in the olive oil and a little salt. Add pasta to the pan and combine it all together.
- Plate it up and eat!
Nutrition (Serves 2):
- 438 calories
- 37g protein
- 45g carbs
- 12g fat
- bridgetgetsbetter reblogged this from fitmeals
- kickassworkouts likes this
- palaceofidenticalthings reblogged this from fitmeals
- betterinboston reblogged this from fitmeals and added:
- fixingeveryhabit likes this
- faithhealthlife likes this
- mommyslosingitnow likes this
- suzyintheclassroom-deactivated2 submitted this to fitmeals